Cork, Full Time
Chef Recruiters are currently recruiting a Sous Chef for a 5* luxury hotel in Co. Cork.
A successful candidate would be joining an award-winning, enthusiastic team, the successful candidate will help lead a passionate, experienced culinary team to achieve and surpass budgets, food presentation and excel with training.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- To provide leadership to the brigade in conjunction with the Executive Chef and act as a role model in the production and presentation of dishes.
- To be responsible for the effective day to day running of the Kitchen in conjunction with and in the absence of the Executive Chef
- To assist Executive Chef in ensuring that desired Gross Profits are attained.
- To ensure the agreed standard of uniform and personal hygiene are carried out in the Kitchen at all times.
- To assist the Executive Chef in ensuring that the highest standard of operational hygiene is used at all times in the Kitchen area.
- To liaise with stores and ensure all food stuffs purchased are to the agreed standard, quality and price.
- To ensure that all Kitchen equipment, fixtures, and fittings are in good working order and to ensure that no item of equipment is misused and to take appropriate corrective action for maintenance of same
- To carry out training with all staff to the agreed standards laid down in the SOP manual and at the agreed repertoire.
- To assist the Executive Chef in preparing and compiling menus for daily business, functions etc. to the agreed standard.
- To ensure staff meals are varied and that they are balanced and nutritional and served to a high level of quality
- To ensure all agreed cleaning schedules and adhered to and HACCP guidelines and principles are following so to monitor food safety and hygiene safety in the Kitchen.
- Ensure all Kitchen brigade comply with same.
- To monitor all dishes prepared from Kitchen and ensure they conform to agreed standards prior to food service