Head Pastry Chef
Dublin South, Full Time
Here at Chef Recruiters we are recruiting a Head Pastry Chef for a renowned hotel in Dublin South.
You will be joining a fabulous team and must be able to hit the ground running.
Great salary on offer for the right candidate and potential to create your own Menu.
This is a great role for a head pastry chef to make there mark in the industry.
- Responsible for maintaining high levels of quality, service, presentation and cleanliness.
- Run the pastry department including setting up and working with the team.
- Work with our Executive/Head chef to develop new menus and bring ideas to the team.
- To meet the the changing demands of the business, your duties may vary and you may sometimes be required to assist in different sections
- Work with the Executive/Head Chef to manage stock orders, levels and rotation.
- Implement food safety management system and ensure that high standards of food sa
- Responsible for all aspects of food preparation and service.
- Responsible for ensuring the highest quality standards in the kitchen whilst following orders.
- Take direction from department managers and to assist in the monitoring of food quality and hygiene standards.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Always working on behalf of guests and working with other team members to exceed guest expectations.
- Be able to perform under pressure in a high volume fast paced environment.
- Be self-motivated and creative and be committed to quality in presentation of food
- Have a thorough understanding of and commitment to HACCP and kitchen hygiene
- Have a strong work ethic and customer focus working with homemade seasonal food.
- Ensure work areas are kept clean, safe and tidy at all times in compliance with the hotel’s and industry hygiene standards
- Structured and organised in their approach to all tasks and have the ability to work across all areas of the kitchen.
- Hard working and self-motivated and committed individual eager to learn.
- Be classically trained,
- Have experience as a Head Pastry Chef leading a team within a hotel.
- Able to work in a team and on their own initiative
- Must have experience working within 4/5 star hotels.
- Must be standards driven and detail-orientated
- Must have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment& pressurized environment
- Must have excellent self-presentation
- Should have detailed knowledge of HACCP