Head Banqueting Chef
Monaghan, Enniskillen, Full Time
An experience Head Chef is required for beautiful property in Co. Monaghan. This is a lovely role for an organised and reliable experience Head Banqueting Chef to lead and grow an operation with fantastic flair for really good food.
Candidate & Role Requirements:
- Brief the banquet kitchen staff daily about the upcoming and current functions.
- Supervises and coordinates all activities of cooks and banquet kitchen who staff are engaged in food preparation.
- Able to coordinate banquet production and plating with the Executive Chef, Sous Chef.
- Establish the day’s priorities and assign production and preparation tasks for the banquet kitchen staff/chefs to execute.
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Take physical inventory of specified food items for daily inventory.
- Assist the hotel’s sales & catering or banqueting staffs with banquets, parties and other special events.
- Assist in determining the minimum and maximum stocks of all food, cooking supplies and equipment.
- Assist the Executive Chef in banquet menu development and execution.
- Maintain inventory control procedures and ensure that the banquet kitchen is prepared for the following day’s work.
- Responsible for managing all day-to-day operations of banquet kitchen.
- Responsible to maintain all equipment in a proper operational condition.
- Responsible to oversee the regular cleaning of all equipment used in the banquet kitchen.
- Ensure that all staff prepares menu items following recipes in accordance with the hotels operating standards.
- Communicate the kitchen needs with the purchasing and storeroom personnel.
- Review sales and food cost with the Executive Chef to ensure that the banquet kitchen is meeting budgeted costs.
- Monitor the performance of banquet kitchen staff and ensure all procedures are completed to the department standards.
- Ensures and maintains the productivity level of all banquet cooks and supporting staffs.
- Supervises banquet kitchen shift operations.
- Participates in training staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Salary: €50k+